Are you an experienced HR Manager?
As a fast-growing business, we are looking for an HR Manager to join our brilliant and friendly team.
RightCue is a professional consultancy providing cybersecurity, information assurance and advisory services across IT domains of infrastructure, applications, cloud and SaaS solutions. Based in Basingstoke, Hampshire, we are an independent full-service consultancy catering to a global customer base.
We have built a first-rate reputation for delivering excellent service to our clients in a timely and professional manner. This role will be responsible for recruitment and talent development within the business.
To apply you should have at least 1 year of demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Understand and plan resource requirements in discussion with Team Leaders and Management team. Assist with
- creating annual hiring plan
- preparation of job descriptions
- create screening criteria for each role
- Create a recruitment plan generally to identify high potential individuals, determine work abilities, and professional support needed to engage and retain new talent
- Manage recruitment process
- Advertise/coordinate advertisement of JDs on the website, LinkedIn, Gov apprenticeship portal as well as with recruitment agencies (as appropriate)
- Manage HR mailbox
- Manage screening activities (written tests, aptitude tests, screening form) as per RightCue recruitment process
- Manage and arrange candidate interviews
- Campus recruitment. Manage relationships with colleges:
- Identify colleges that conduct apprenticeship and degree programmes as potential sources of recruitment
- Identify UK government apprenticeship programs that will support RightCue requirement
- Lead and manage showcase events at these colleges
- Design and delivery of assessment centres for RightCue’s apprenticeship programs
HR and compliance
- Manage employee onboarding and offboarding
- Offer letter and contracts of employment
- Screening checks and additional vetting as per our screening process
- Liaise with Payroll – HMRC starting form, PAYE compliance, benefits and pension, payments, expense reimbursements
- Is the first point of contact for HSE, responsible for health and safety risk assessment
- Manage RightCue’s performance management program, assist line managers and employees with smooth implementation and use of performance management and appraisal tool
- Manage grievances, disciplinary procedures
Learning and development
- Support all new starter onboarding and induction activity
- Lead the development of all soft skills and technical training, including career development activities to support our competency framework
- Support the training and development plan for managers and supervisors
- Manage apprenticeship administration- apprenticeship portal, adherence to course timelines, feedback from tutors
- Assist with career and talent assessments to individuals and provide consultancy/diagnosis of training needs within the company, with a focus on improving employee abilities and strengthening the skill set of the company’s existing workforce
- Liaise with relevant external training suppliers, monitoring agreed SLA’s and quality of outputs.
- Establish ways to measure the total effectiveness of all learning and development programs. Monitor and report training data, statistics and training budget.
- Support with company succession planning to ensure career progression and recruitment program as the company grows
- At least one year of experience in managing recruitment and/or L&D function
- L3 apprenticeship in learning and development
- CIPD Level 5 Associate diploma
Essential professional skills:
- Trustworthy and knows discretion on how to share information
- Comfortable with technology, have the ability to learn new software packages quickly
- High-quality organisational skills and ability to respond quickly to changing situations
- Maintain a productive, professional and secure working environment
- Good accuracy and attention to detail with all tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to determine who needs to be kept informed on specific topics.
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels of the company, to build strong relationships and challenge when necessary.
- Flexible attitude and ability to perform under pressure
- Must be approachable and helpful.
- Customer focus mindset, excellent decision making and leadership capabilities
What you will get:
- You will be provided with a company phone and other accessories relevant to your job
- Flexibility to manage your own diary
- 25 paid holidays in a year
- At RightCue, we value diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunities. We focus on what you achieve, not how long you spend. Therefore, we offer a good work-life balance, an exciting range of financial benefits and a great working environment.
- We support our people in expanding their skills base by providing on the job learning, apprenticeships, training and study opportunities. You receive ample opportunities to take up new challenges, prove your mettle and achieve new professional skills.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your latest CV to HR@rightcue.com
By sending your CV to the above mailbox you consent to us collecting and storing your CV/application and contact details. We will hold this information securely and process it for recruitment purposes only. Please refer to our privacy notice for more details on our compliance with GDPR and Data Protection.