| IT ASSURANCE |
Cyber Essentials &
Cyber Essentials Plus
Are you protected from common internet-based threats?
Threats like malware infections, phishing and opportunistic hacking are becoming more common. Demonstrating good practice in information security not only reduces the risk of cyber attacks, but reassures staff and customers that your organisation takes cyber security seriously.
Cyber Essentials is a UK Government-backed scheme which outlines the minimum baseline standard for cyber security. It’s an independently verified self-assessment certification that your organisation needs to renew annually.
Costs range from £300 plus VAT (depending on your organisation size). Your organisation must hold a valid Cyber Essentials certificate throughout the duration of any further certifications.
Certification will give your organsiation peace of mind that your defences are protected against the majority of common cyber attacks.
What are the advantages of Cyber Essentials?
Covering the following five technical areas, Cyber Essentials is a set of questions that assess your existing systems and controls. It is designed for SMEs and backed by the UK Government.
- Reduces the risk of internet-based attacks, malware attacks, and email phishing attempts
- Cost-effectively demonstrates that your organisation is taking action to control risks – a key step towards GDPR compliance that is recognised by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- Meets the pre-requisite for most MoD, Government and public sector contracts
- Entitles you to free cyber liability insurance up to £25,000*
- Sends a strong message to customers and staff that you take the protection of their data seriously
*If your turnover is less than £20M
Assisted Cyber Essentials support
RightCue Assurance also offers an assisted self-certification consultancy service with a fast turnaround. This service is useful for urgent certification requirements.
If you choose our assisted service, our certified Cyber Essentials assessors will guide your IT team (whether they are in-house or outsourced) through the self-assessment process. Our expert advice will ensure you meet the requirements of the scheme.
The benefits of our assisted service include a one hour introduction call to:
- Familiarise you with the process
- Walk you through all the questions
- Provide you with email support to answer any further queries
- Conduct a final review before you submit the questionnaire online
Micro organisations (0 - 9 employees)
Small organisations (10 - 49 employees)
Medium organisations (50 - 249 employees)
Cyber Essentials Plus
Your organisation needs to complete a Cyber Essentials Plus audit within three months of your ‘basic’ certification, and this also requires annual certification.
If you are interested in finding out more about Cyber Essentials Plus certification and the process, please get in touch by completing the form to discover how we can assist you.
What our clients think
PAUL AUGUSTUS . ROWANS HOSPICE
“The Right Cue team are absolute stars. Nothing is too much trouble. if you need help with cyber security, you can’t go wrong with RightCue.”
DAN CURTIS-ALLEN . FROST & SULLIVAN
DAVID BATHO . EXETER COLLEGE
BEN COPE . CREATE IT
SHELLEY HAWLEY . STALIS
All of the RightCue team are very helpful and very willing to go the extra mile. They are very committed to delivering a good service, and that’s why we are always happy to refer them.”
PAUL LLOYD . LLOYD TECHNOLOGY
Get in touch
Contact us to find out how our InfoSec team can support your organisations growth strategy